Wednesday 14 March 2012

I'm back!

Hello everyone,

For those of you who remember me from my previous blog, it's a big Tilly welcome back to you all, and for those of you finding me for the first time, it's lovely to see you all here, and I hope you'll come back and see me and my friends again in the future.

Previous readers might wonder why my blog disappeared. Well, you see, I started to receive some nasty messages and peple were saying some horrible things about me and the other dogs, and Harry too. Well, as the children were the ones who spent most time on my blog, Harry didn't think it appropriate for them to be seeing some of the things that were being written on my blog so he reluctantly deleted the whole blog in order to shield the children from such things.

Anyway, time has marched on and Harry has now decided that me and my four legged friends can have a new blog so we all hope you'll enjoy reading about us and our lives as rescuedogs here with Harry and his lovely family.

Now, one thing that people have asked many times is exactly what kind of dog I am. As my profile says, I'm half Bedlington Terrier and half Glen of Imaal Terrier and it seems a lot of people are unsure of what both those breeds look like, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics, (with Harry's help), which will show my heritage a bit clearer for everyone.

The Bedlington Terrier is easy of course, as we have our very own 'Beddie' here in our pack of rescue dogs, so here is a picture of our beautiful Dylan, who joined Harry's pack just a couple of months after me.  Here is a lovely action pic of Dylan, running at high speed, together with a pic of a Glen of Imaal Terrier, and if you look closely at them both, and then at the picture of me, you might be able to see where I get my own rather unique look from.

So:

Dylan (Bedlington Terrier)

(+ Glen of Imaal Terrier, (courtesy Wikipedia)

= ME!





Hope you all enjoyed that little bit if breed information. Over the next few weeks I thought it would be nice to introduce to some of the other members of our little rescue pack, so I'll try and feature one dog at a time, and try and tell you a bit of their histories and how they were either abused and neglected, or simply rescued from lives you wouldn't believe some of them were forced to endure. I'll be starting with Sheba, so look out for her story, coming soon, and here is a picture of her when she was first brought to our home. Please bear in mind she had already made some recovery by the time this picture was taken, having been thrown and left to die on a rubbish tip before being rescued, close to death. More of her story soon...

Meanwhile, love to you all,

Tilly
Sheba 2 years 3 months ago, little more than a skeleton!

Sheba barely able to stand on her own four legs.

1 comment:

  1. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.The Dog training is teaching a response to cues or commands, or the performance of actions not necessarily natural to the Northern Virginia Dog Trainers

    ReplyDelete